In honor of Milan Fashion Week beginning 18th September, we suggest that if you’re in town, you must conquer these ‘musts’ in true Milanese style. As the second-largest city in Italy, Milano boasts cutting-edge international design, stylish and localized cuisine and breathtaking historical sites. Pack your best Dolce & Gabbana blood-red ensemble or chic accessory and sit sidewalk style with a short black. Appearances matter.
1. Shop at 10 Corso Como – Discover a diverse and exciting mix of books, homewares, jewelry, fashion and design. Immerse yourself in style. /
2. The First and Last Supper – See Leonardo da Vinci’s 15th-century masterpiece “the last supper,” and then enjoy a meal at “the first supper”; a new restaurant featuring a fresh farmhouse feel and eclectic décor. Think tortelli stuffed with pumpkin topped with sage butter, pecorino and cookie crumble. /
4. Shop in one of the oldest malls in the world – During show breaks, shop in one of the oldest malls in the world. Luxury beckons you at the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II. Known as ‘Il Salotto Di Milano’ (Milan’s living room), you must look up to find ceiling vaults decorated with mosaics representing Asia, Africa, Europe and America. Pop into Prada and Louis Vuitton, even just for a look! /
5. You must see: Villas, monuments, modern-architectural buildings, churches and abbeys all underpin the rich, historical fabric of Milan’s past. You must see Duomo di Milano, Basilica di Sant’ambrogio, Central Station, Castello Sforzesco and so much more. /
6. Watch: ‘Vivienne Westwood 40 Years in Fashion‘ – ‘Vivienne Westwood 40 Years in Fashion’ plays this September at Via Montenapoleone, the main avenue of Milan’s haute fashion district. Described as ‘eclectic, transgressive, wild and revolutionary,’ Westwood’s influence on the fashion world has been epic.